Monday, December 13, 2010

LIGHTING WORKSHOP

I taught my lighting workshop last weekend in St. Charles - always a great time when I get together with fellow photo buffs!  I love to exchange ideas and try new techniques!  As in all of my workshops, I try to start with a basic foundation of knowledge and principles and then encourage departing from these as the creative process begins. 

The fun really begins though when we start setting lights and shooting photos!  For myself,  shooting film for as many years as I did - and I loved film, the advent of digital cameras have made the learning process so incredibly fun and fast, almost begging us to keep trying different angles, exposures, light placement,  etc.,  For me it's been the single most incredible advance in photography I have experienced!

Really, can you imagine not being able to preview the shot you just made on the camera's LCD?  or waiting 30 to 90 seconds for a polaroid to develop?  Let alone the transporting of and processing costs?
Digital is a beautiful thing!

Lighting a portrait - Photo by Heather Hanna - Workshop Participant

Photo by Heather Hanna - Workshop Participant

Product Lighting - Michael Schlueter

Lighting for Texture - Michael Schlueter

Well, here are some shots from the workshop - we played with light and I believe came away with some nice images!   Enjoy and Happy shooting!   Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts? Ideas? Feel free to leave a comment! Thanks!